[asterisk-biz] International DID provider and wholesale A-Z termination and Dedicated servers supporting moneybooker

Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Aug 13 16:28:16 CDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 17:14 -0400, C.Savinovich wrote:
> I believe that if a user wants to sign up for a wholesale account, and
> they, or their volume can't afford $35 for wiring fees, they are not at
> wholesale category. In fact, they are not ready for the resale business.  It
> makes more sense, as someone in this thread said, to watch out for possible
> chargeback risks.

Some banks in the US charge to receive the money as well,  which means
that they may have a sending fee and you have a receiving fee.  If you
have a receiving fee then you have to know what it is and assess that
before you state the amount or you can end up losing money on the deal.

With all the fees combined, based on the banks themselves, it can end up
being 6% transaction fees on $1000 transferred.  If the customer does
not trust that you will be there, and given the number of companies that
went under and just vanished with prepaid monies I can understand that,
they may opt to send $1000 at a time, perhaps weekly or whatever their
volume requires (remember you may not be getting all their traffic
anyway so that does not indicate their size).  That 6% really starts
eating into their profitability.

Because I am cheap and the bank I was depositing into was right next to
mine, and because I had known the person for 2 years prior to doing
this, I have actually just taken $10k cash and deposited it into their
account (you do get a bank receipt of the deposit just no account
balance) so that I can get instant credit without the fees (which would
have only been 0.5% at that time, but I am cheap :)  This is also
problematic with larger companies who are so layered on their financial
stuff that they cant see the deposit in or near realtime.  Being on a
first name basis with someone high up in the company who can make it
happen does help.