[asterisk-biz] UK Mobile Needed

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed Apr 28 07:16:58 CDT 2010

> Actually, my client just pointed out that the rate is in fact 6p per minute
> weekday.

We're also a VoIP provider in the UK, and from what I recall, 6p/min is very close to the *wholesale* termination rate for fairly sizeable volumes.

I have heard reports of people getting cheaper interconnects with the big 4 mobile networks by using so-called "grey routes" (e.g. bouncing the calls out to the Netherlands or the USA and back into the UK).

At the end of the day, it's up to you - you might be able to shave a couple of pence off your call rate, but there might be compromises on quality. It depends on the needs of your customer base. YMMV, but I know that our customer base values call quality over price.

Regards,

Chris
--
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it