[asterisk-biz] Bounty: Transfer Channel/Context to properly Inherit Channel Variables

Steve Poirier mousepad99 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 13:47:18 CDT 2010

Sorry for the flood, To Add Details to what we want to be achieved:

See Comment from kpfleming on the following issue report by another user a
few years ago: https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=4188

The issue reported by the user at this time was modified to "Feature
Request".

I believe that it would be logical for the transfer channel to inherit
channel variables previously set with _ or __

This would also make the use of a transfer context much more flexible.

Quote:
"This behavior is as-designed; when you hit the transfer feature sequence, a
new channel is created, which does not have any special channel variables
associated with it. Variables set in either of the channels that are part of
the original conversation are not involved in the new channel.

It would be possible to make channel variables inherit from the transferer's
channel using the _NAME syntax already available in other parts of Asterisk,
but that is not currently in place."

End Quote
__
Steve Poirier