[asterisk-biz] Dialer Friendly North American Termination

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Fri Sep 11 19:03:25 CDT 2009

On 12/09/09 11:47 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Hundreds?  Most high-end, high-capacity "carrier-grade" big iron can
> easily fall over after a few dozen CPS at most.  Good high-density
> ISDN-VoIP gateway chasses advertise 20 CPS, and we know that's a
> stretch, courtesy of marketing.
>
> Anybody claiming hundreds and hundreds of CPS is completely full of
> shit.  It's very, very difficult to build architectures that can deal
> with this.  Even if subscriber-facing edges can, centralized billing
> plexi can't, and neither can the upstream supplier equipment.

We're doing 400 CPS on a system at the moment.

Load balanced across Asterisk machines, and load balanced across
provider's machines.

MySQL is the hardest thing to get working, and requires splitting of
tables and using InnoDB.

Whole system is split into blocks which each for part of a redundant system.

One of the problems was lack of randomisation of numbers - you can take
out a telephone exchange pretty easily if too many calls go to one place.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director