[asterisk-biz] Loking UK London DID from direct provider

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Fri Sep 4 08:50:11 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 03:08:03PM +0300, David Knell wrote:

> Unfortunately, the UK phone network doesn't support this.  We had an SS7
> connection in to BT, and, whilst we could dial numbers with extra digits
> OK from a BT landline, none of the mobile networks supported it.
> > I need few London DID preferably from a direct UK provider which can
> > accept extra digits after the number.
> > For example if the DID is 442012345678 , I should be able to dial
> > 442012345678012345678.
> > The number should should show dialed number as the whole number
> > 442012345678012345678 ( i.e. along with the extra digits at the end)
> > If you can offer this please email me directly to ekarim at gmail.com

Some UK networks will support this and you can get this functionality
over ISDN terminated (and originated) circuits, but it wont necessarily
work over analogue circuits and as stated not into mobile and other
networks.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44 7775 755503
UK +44 20 7993 2612  /  US +1 310 857 7715  /  Fax +44 20 7483 2455