[asterisk-biz] Need USA virtual PRIs for www.VisionVoIP.com

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 3 13:01:29 CDT 2009

Pascal Bruno wrote:

> But remember the list is international, even myself, english is not my
> mother language, so some questions will never be as clear as you would
> expect and yes lazy do people exist, but it would not harm nobody to
> point them to the right direction without teaching them everything
> and making them feel unwelcomed. Also I believe one must be objective as
> much as you can but at the same time free to give personal opinions
> while clearly saying it is a personal opinion, if not, you may be
> minimizing the novices to explore and experience other stuff by themself
> and see what works best for them.

This is a valid argument, and I cannot dispute it.

Regarding lazyness vs. English, many people will often try to mask their
lazyness or unwillingness to pose intellectually coherent, well-thought
out and realistic questions by hiding behind the "English is not my
native language" defense.

It doesn't work, and the difference is trivial to see.  I have seen far,
far higher-quality questions asked by people whose English skills are
vastly below those of the non-native-English-speaking drive-by posters
on this family of lists.  The intent to ask something specific and
cogent can be discerned, and legitimate language barriers are
understandable and can be gotten around.

I suppose there are some conversations that simply cannot be had because
the original posters' English limitations are simply insurmountable, but
I think I've only seen one or two posts like that in my entire time
here, if that.  The rest use the fallacious Rehan Defense:

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com/msg24232.html

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal