[asterisk-biz] Need USA virtual PRIs for www.VisionVoIP.com

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Sep 1 02:23:05 CDT 2009

Pascal Bruno wrote:

> Lol, funny. This is the question I was asking. But you went to talk
> about the moon lol. So to the best of your knowledge it is a fact.
> Thats what you were suppose to answer since the beginning. And thanks
> for letting me know about the iax design that is wrong, even when this
> was not my question, maybe a good way for you to start so you can get
> to your conclusion, but this does not back up your conclusion since
> SIP is not perfect itself, they are both getting improved still today.
> I am not saying what you are saying is wrong but your intro was
> useless. And we all know SIP is the most supported and most used for
> obvious reason. And we all know IAX is mostly used by people in the
> Asterisk world for obvious reason too. You know what IAX stands for.
> And also in the guys question there was a keyword you missed probably,
> he said PREFERABLY IAX, lol the way you talk makes me think you have
> some personal problem with asterisk or maybe digium?

I think you're missing the point of the argument.

The question here is whether IAX has any significant penetration into
the market space inhabited by reliable, large-scale, facilities-based
and well-capitalised providers, which I assume is the sort of nebula of
qualities generally appealed to by the sense that a provider is "good."
  This sort of "goodness" in stark contradiction with fly-by-night,
cottage-industry resellers and ITSPs that usually operate on Asterisk as
a core technology, and are not known for their reliability, scalability,
redundancy, dependability, consistency or a certain reasonable level of
assured persistent presence in the market.

The answer is that it doesn't.  There are, of course, some exceptions
(e.g. Teliax and friends), and, perhaps they are worthwhile to consider.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the question completely because I hold a
radically different idea of what is meant by "good" when we say "good
provider."

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems