[asterisk-biz] auto-answering an originated call, dialplan / manager interface problem

Mueller, Alexander am at a-m-i.de
Sun Nov 29 10:47:43 CST 2009

CS, thanks, both this ways I already went, but they don't solve the problem.

The originate way originates my call, but the agent has to press the acknowledge button on his phone, which shall not occur (the call shall be established without the agent needing to use the hardware phone). The dialplan is entered much too late by using this way, it's entered *after* the user has pressed a key on the phone (cancel or acknowledge).

Here's the event log coming from Asterisk (times inserted by my logging app).
At 17:37:19, the phone starts ringing, without the dialplan even being reached (SIPAddHeader!)
At 17:37:32, I acknowledge on the phone, then come into the dialplan, and can call SIPAddHeader, that's too late.

29.11.  17:37:19,060 Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/2000
Context: originating
Exten: #*00123456798
CallerID: 2000
Variable: Outbound_CALLERID=07615987654321
ActionID: ORIGINATE_452

29.11.  17:37:32,660 Response: Success
ActionID: ORIGINATE_452
Message: Originate successfully queued

Event: Newchannel
Privilege: call,all
Channel: SIP/2000-08bba8b8
ChannelState: 0
ChannelStateDesc: Down
CallerIDNum:
CallerIDName:
AccountCode:
Uniqueid: 1259512663.0

<...>

Event: Newexten
Privilege: dialplan,all
Channel: SIP/2000-08bba8b8
Context: originating
Extension: #*00123456798
Application: SIPAddHeader
AppData: Call-Info: sip:\;answer-after=0
Uniqueid: 1259512663.0

<...>

Event: Newexten
Privilege: dialplan,all