[asterisk-biz] auto-answering an originated call, dialplan / manager interface problem

c.savinovich at itntelecom.com c.savinovich at itntelecom.com
Sun Nov 29 08:32:07 CST 2009

Alexander:

Once you get the handle of it, it ain't difficult:

AMI Example:

Action: Originate
Channel: ---> this is leg 1, the extension/channel "making" the call.
(actually, asterisk will call this extension /channel first)
Context: ---> Here is the context name in your dialplan(leg 2), for
example, "mycontext"
Exten:   ---> Exten, example "myexten"

Dialplan Example:

[mycontext]
myexten, 1, SipAddHeader(headertext)
myexten, 2, Dial(dialstring)

C. Savinovich

>>> but why can't you redirect the AMI Originate to a dialplan script that
uses the SipAddHeader?

After lots of experimenting, I now come from AMI into the dialplan by just
calling "Action: Command\r\nCommand: console dial #*2000" from the AMI,
where #* is the flag for originating (which is handled in the dialplan),
and I'm in the dialplan, so far so good. I can set the SIPHeader there an
ring the local phone (2000) via "Dial", the local phone takes the call
automatically, fine.

But then I have only one leg, I have not yet found out how to connect this
first leg inside the dialplan with the second leg.

How can this originating be done, what has to come after Dial in order to
establish the outgoing call ?

I have read the description of "Dial()" several times now, hard to
understand, it doesn't seem to offer a 2-leg-addressing (internal number
and external number).

I also thought about creating call files in the "outgoing" directory, but
then again the problem with the missing SIPAddHeader() will lead to
failure.

Still unsolved ...

There is nothing like SipAddHeader in the AMI, but why can't you redirect
the AMI Originate to a dialplan script that uses the SipAddHeader?

CS