[asterisk-biz] G.729 Transcoding on a Cell Processor

Peter Briffett peter.briffett at howlertech.com
Sat Nov 21 14:23:35 CST 2009

No problem. Buy the card from wherever you want - you can get the software
from us. Our floating license model means you can 'float' licenses across
servers for load balancing - you don't need extra hardware for redundancy.

We've tried to get G.729 transcoding down to a price point that makes sense
to everyone - I can't see how you can get 425 channels of transcoding on a
single PCI card any cheaper from anyone else. If you can, please let me know
and I will more than happily re-evaluate our commercial model.

On 21/11/2009 18:00, "asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com"
<asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com> wrote:

> Re: G.729 Transcoding on a Cell Processor (Peter Briffett)

Peter Briffett
Howler Technologies
London
P: +44 (0) 207 0997099