[asterisk-biz] Mobile extensions from Asterisk - HLR registration?

Magnus Kelly magnus.kelly at mapesbury.com
Wed May 20 16:18:24 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Interesting thread that I might be able to assist with, for as some will
know I acquired a uk gsm licence and thus the regulatory elements, gsma
membership etc that enabled access to the roaming world with the
necessary ss7 map elements including vlr etc - it will be a couple more
months to complete a meaningful roaming foot print for the US, but I'm
pleased to announce that I've finally got commercial service up in part
of London here in the UK', including signalling connections with the
bigger ss7 world. I have been an enthusiast of asterisk and ss7asterisk
for a while now, so pretty easy to offer SIP interconnect, I've yet to
fully work out how to open up the sms signalling, perhaps some api
development is still needed, however what would be useful is input on
the size of the potential niche and thoughts on what service/s would be
worthwhile bearing in mind the higher voice roaming rates (always higher
with international roaming with domestic roaming much harder to
achieve). Sms is potentially very different with only a very small
number of mno's operating other than a bill and keep model.

Regards
Magnus