[asterisk-biz] Number of hops- Termination

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Mon May 18 01:01:43 CDT 2009

Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> Sandeep Kanao wrote:
>> Just curious, if it is possible to find/figure out number of (server) hops
>> for any termination provider. Are there 'tools' for asterisk to get this
>> information?  It would be nice to see the hops and the associated IPs.
>> Experts, any idea?
>
> Try "man traceroute" on your Asterisk machine.
>
> Alistair Cunningham
> +1 888 468 3111
> +44 20 799 39 799
> http://integrics.com/

Alistair,

   I believe he's referring to the number of carriers a call needs to
traverse, till it reaches its final destination - not the actual IP hop
count from his gateway to the termination side - that is easy.

   I don't believe such a tool exists, nor do I believe that such a tool
can be built.

--
Kind Regards,
   Nir Simionovich