[asterisk-biz] Dear Termination Providers,

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Sun May 3 15:32:54 CDT 2009

On Sun, 3 May 2009, Stephen Davies wrote:

> You seem to want to evaluate termination providers on nothing else except
> price.

  I'm guessing by "You" you mean me.  No, it's not about price.  It's about
  a comprehensive document, usually a .csv file, that includes what routes a
  termination provider (of my own choosing, after vetting) supports.  The
  whole shebang.  Not just Botswana, but the US and Canada as well.  Almost
  every single "rate deck" available from any provider, either publically or
  privately, do NOT provide their rates for US and Canada, either in general
  or as they apply to my specific account, discounts and negotiated rates.

  And if they do Include the US, it's something rediculous like
  "1,US,0.0113" and they fail to include Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and a few
  other NANPA destinations that we all know are more expensive or cheaper
  than the US48.

  I started this thread out of the frustration of not having a standard way
  of Termination providers providing their exact capabilities and at what
  price, regardless of if it is high or low.

  I don't care if the rate deck it is public or private.  I just want a
  standard, or at the very least for each provider to include ALL ROUTES,
  not just ones they consider international.  MOST US providers do not
  include US/Canada rates in their rate deck.  This is most annoying,
  because I cannot automate the updating of their rates in my system which
  relies on these rates for our own LCR engine.

[snip the rest of your email which incorrectly assumes my goal is to write
a perl script to scan all the termination providers for the lowest price
and route my precious traffic based solely on that, which is ludicrous and
obviously a really bad idea]

Beckman