[asterisk-biz] Google's voice product [OT]

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 14:23:04 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 3/17/09, SIP <sip at arcdiv.com> wrote:

> See... I'm picturing Google meshing this with Google
> Talk, which DOES do VoIP. It would be silly for them NOT to
> mesh the two products together, and likely trivial to do.
> I'm guessing we just haven't seen that bit yet.

So.... who's going to pay the bill? a neat calling card system
is one thing (read: pennies on the dollar) - but a full on
phone service for free is something even Google can't finance
for long. They'd need to charge to make any sort of profit
out of this. It'll just turn into a Skype Call-Out copycat.
Working? sure. But it's still not a niche.

IMHO there is absolutely no way advertisements will pay the
bill. This isn't email where it costs a whopping dollar to
service a customer for a year - PSTN calls have a very real
price, and it's not nearly low enough for a non-paid model
to work... yet.

  -- Nitzan