[asterisk-biz] Google's voice product [OT]

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 13:34:59 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 3/17/09, Peter Beckman <beckman at angryox.com> wrote:

>   Some of the things Google is doing will flow down to us,
> hopefully that
>   includes SMS abilities on SIP-delivered originated DIDs.
> Since Google has
>   done it, they've set a precedent.

I am getting a little excited about this too. If Google can
do it then it means soon so will we. I think this will be the
"killer app" for residential (or mobile rather) VoIP once it
is widespread.

>   But Google will find a way to monetize Google Voice,
> directly or
>   indirectly, or will shutter it like Google Notebook in a
> few years.

Agreed. They will either start spamming you with ads - or get
rid of you. There is really no other way for them to make money
off of this. Good PR and nice and all - but it doesn't pay the
bills.

  -- Nitzan