[asterisk-biz] PBX got Hacked

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Mar 11 03:37:03 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 21:58 -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
>   Using SeLinux still relies on one knowing which boxes to check and
>   uncheck, what happens when you check or uncheck a box, and how to
>   configure it to be secure.  Besides, it's overkill if you are running an
>   Asterisk box.

it also relies upon linux, and not everyone using asterisk is using
linux.  Anything that further ties asterisk to a particular operating
system seems counterproductive.

systrace would likely be a better unix alternative than selinux given
what selinux does (generally speaking it adds a 3rd id to the uid/gid
pair).

This still makes it somewhat harder for the windows port of asterisk,
which I dont know how much of that still works, I know that some of it
got broken by other patches after it was working, I do not know if it
has been updated to allow for asterisk to run in windows.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721