[asterisk-biz] ABE concurrent calls or channels

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 10 20:41:11 CDT 2009

Matt Florell wrote:

> "Asterisk Business Edition supports from 10 to 240 simultaneous calls
> per system."
> (http://www.digium.com/en/products/software/abe.php?tab=benefits)
>
> Is this really Asterisk "calls" or is this Asterisk "channels"?

I thought this was on the website and in our knowledgebase, but maybe
it's not. The ABE "call" restriction is based on the number of channels
that have a PBX running on them, even if the PBX is idle while the
channel is bridged to another channel.

So, a normal call of two bridged channels is one "call", but three
channels in a MeetMe conference is three "calls". Using Local channels
compounds this a bit; if the Local channels aren't allowed to disappear
once the outbound call is answered (the '/n' flag), then they count as
extra calls. This is fairly rare though.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com