[asterisk-biz] iPhone 3.0 app for asterisk?

Stephane Bakhos voip-asterisk at maximumcrm.com
Sat Jun 27 11:28:01 CDT 2009

> According to a Sr. VP of iPhone software this is to combat stupid people
> "Most implementations often incorrectly lead users to believe that
> they've quit programs when they remain open, reducing the battery life
> and hurting processor performance with each open application."

The whole Mac platform is geared toward stupid people.
Some of it seems to be designed also by utter stupidity, like the lack of
a garbage collector. Or the refusal of Apple to approve new "diagnostic"
applications that allow to see the content in the memory, or the running
programs.

> Its a whole big pile of facism, they tell you how you are allowed to use
> your phone, they approve which apps you can use with your phone, and
> this will not work well for all users, as a result it would not be
> something I would stake my business on.

I wouldn't either. I started work of an iPhone client for my CRM software
but I do realise the limitations of the platform as a whole.

There are some limited, and official, ways to officially circumvent the
app store. But it does limit distribution and marketing of the
application.

Don't forget that as far as Apple is concerned they only have a few dozen
customers for the iPhone. They are the carriers who sell them.