[asterisk-biz] Help with Interconnection with Verizon

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Wed Jun 10 14:38:21 CDT 2009

Sean,

Your first step is to establish an ipsec pipe between your system and
theirs, either with a security appliance like a Sonicwall or using
Openswan directly on the asterisk box.

Either of those solutions have a number of options that have to be
coordinated with Verizon.

Once that's in place, SIP traffic traverses the pipe in encrypted
safety, transparently.

Bruce

ComVisionCorp.com/Cvnet.ca wrote:
> Hi
> Yes we rather use SIP as well, but Verizon needs ipsec with sip which we
> have never done before, if you think you can help us with sip please let me
> know and we'll ask Verizon to move us from H323 to SIP.
> I'm not sure if you want to send me a quote via email or call me about it.
> You can reach me at 416 829 8210 that is my direct number.
> Regards
>
> Sean

>>> 225