[asterisk-biz] Bandwidth via Dry Copper Pair

JARROD LASH jarrod at fed-com.com
Mon Jun 8 10:21:41 CDT 2009

I have a customer who is buying hosted PBX and voip service from me and is
using about 10 megs of bandwidth to connect all of his phones to his hosted
pbxes.  So to make calls I have account for the 10 megs in and the 10 megs
out to other sip providers.

His connection to me is done over the public internet using about 15 or so
DSL connections.  I have his servers in the local CO where I have a few
racks and other equipment.

My questions is this.. Is it still possilbe to buy dry copper pairs and if
so how much are they, what is the telcom buzzword (I have heard of UNI-T but
Im not so sure), and what equipment do I need?  What I want to do is replace
his DSL's where he buys his connectivity from me (generating more revenue)
and to lower my internet costs (saving money) by dropping 10 meg to
internet.  I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject and was
wondering if anyone else on this list has done this.

Ive read that a dry copper pair can carry 2 megs of data and you can bond
them together with certain devices made by guys such as PairGain/ADC or
Hatteras.

Anyone here ever do this?

--
Jarrod Lash, <jarrod at fed-com.com>