[asterisk-biz] determining class of service

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 9 19:22:59 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 16:17 -0700, Eric Fort wrote:
> I'm looking for a means to determine the calling line type (I believe
> technically class is the term but I could have that wrong) that a call
> originated on and route the call based upon this information.  For
> instance if a call comes in from a pay phone I want it routed
> differently than a call from a residence or business.  How can I
> detect the calling line type or look up this info based upon ani or
> clid info.  (I've been told that access to NPAC is required, though I
> wouldn't think it should be as I know calls from payphones can be
> denied.)  Help and info would be appreciated.

This is ANI II data, and SIP does not support it in a standard way
(SIP-T does).  You can sometimes get this delivered as either an extra
SIP header (X-ANIII for example) or via isdn pri lines.

http://www.nanpa.com/number_resource_info/ani_ii_assignments.html

You may be able to get the info you need from LIDB.  Its normally not
free, its normally per query, and often its SS7 although there are
standards for getting it via LDAP and other methods.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721