[asterisk-biz] Anyone experienced in cable telephony?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 28 22:32:25 CST 2009

No, I meant analog "POTS" as in an offering that is transported as VoIP
to the customer and then handed off as analog.  The ATA sort of concept.
  This is what Comcast does when it sells VoIP lines.  They don't really
tell you it's VoIP, they just include "phone service" in their
triple-play bundle.  They've sold 10M+ lines this way, while we're busy
evangelising the merits of VoIP as such.

If you have an ATA, then you just need a VoIP service delivery platform
on the ISP side.  No need for any "partitioning" per se unless you are
looking to do channelised/fractional circuits (why?) or operate a
separate overlay voice network.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems