[asterisk-biz] Consortium of Sorts for Interconnects and VoIP providers to a Lesser Degree

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Jan 28 20:54:58 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com> wrote:
> On 29/01/2009 12:36 p.m., Steve Totaro wrote:
>> To better answer your question, those people will never be accepted or
>> weeded out quickly.
>>
>> I am not sure why the benefits are not obvious to you, but I would
>> guess that having a negative viewpoint on the idea precludes you from
>> being in the Consortium.
>>
>> How long have you been doing Asterisk?  How long have you been a
>> consultant?  How many call centers have you setup successfully?  How
>> many systems in the real world?
>>
>> Qualify yourself as an expert before shooting down ideas.
>
> I'm kinda keen, and am in somewhat of the same boat as you Steve; I have
> jobs but not enough staff or time to accept them and so pass them on to
> others.
>
> I also have other jobs where my physical location (New Zealand) makes it
> hard for me to travel onsite.
>
> Obviously you'd want to be able to continue operating as your own
> company too as we have significant existing arrangements with partners.
>
> Another problem I see with this is the generation of contracts that span
> borders.  I'm not sure I'd want to sell a system into New
> Zealand/Australia that was governed by US laws (and therefore US patents).
>
> I'm kinda seeing this as a loose consortium - what do you think?
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
>
> Matt Riddell
> Director

It is still a whiteboard idea.  I expect there to many levels of
participation and cooperation.

I have enough feedback on, and especially off the lists to know I am
onto something .

Expect an announcement when the website and wiki are setup (very
soon).  The rest of the site and backend will evolve.

That is all I am going to say for now.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro