[asterisk-biz] Consortium of Sorts for Interconnects and VoIP providers to a Lesser Degree

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 28 18:47:00 CST 2009

Steve Totaro wrote:

> I am not sure why the benefits are not obvious to you, but I would
> guess that having a negative viewpoint on the idea precludes you from
> being in the Consortium.

Well, this I can tell you;  the proper way to sell someone on an idea is
not to present them with a circular feedback loop whose semantic
template is basically, "If you don't already think it's a good idea, you
do not command sufficient Vision nor possess the requisite Exclusivity
to be part of it to begin with."

Do you tell any customer that expresses the slightest bit of scepticism
or presents compelling questions to address: "If the self-evident
benefits of my Asterisk solution aren't obvious to you to begin with,
you're not worthy enough to buy it?"

> How long have you been doing Asterisk?  How long have you been a
> consultant?  How many call centers have you setup successfully?  How
> many systems in the real world?

This isn't the time or place for a pissing match of credentials.

FWIW, my firm is not an Asterisk consultancy as such and does not set up
call centers.  Don't assume everyone operating in the same technology
stack or broad vertical as you has the same business focus per se.

> Qualify yourself as an expert before shooting down ideas.

I'm not shooting it down, or saying it couldn't work.  I just proposed
what I see to be a likely problem and wondered as to your response.  I
didn't say that you don't have one or that the problem cannot be
addressed or warrant that my identification of the problem is even
accurate or applicable.  I have no idea.  I've never set up a Consortium.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems