[asterisk-biz] Consortium of Sorts for Interconnects and VoIP providers to a Lesser Degree

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Wed Jan 28 11:18:34 CST 2009

TP'n to follow flow.  I haven't read every post on this thread so
forgive me (please) for stating something that might have been already
stated.

 From what i am hearing..  various 'approved' consultants can join this
consortium (bringing with it, its clients), the resulting 'client base'
is served by all consortium consultants (by geographic or even specialty
if needed).  This allow centralized resource sharing (office presence,
etc).

As nice as that sounds, i find it hard that any one (but a close knit
group of 'buddies') would pool there clients this way.  Here are two
brief examples.

1.  Clients that will work with various consultants, then decide they
like 1 (or a small subset) best, and only work with them.

2.  Consultant could be contacted outside the consortium but a Client
who then goes through the consortium.  (clients routinely hunt quotes,
and how will the consortium do so against itself?)

Sorry if this seems convoluted, i am waiting for the coffee to brew.