[asterisk-biz] Psssst - hey buddy, wanna' get a job? (follow-up to asterisk-biz please)

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at telephonydepot.com
Thu Jan 22 17:40:21 CST 2009

Folks,

First of all, this email is sent to -users and -biz, but please follow-
up to the -biz list only. I have set the reply-to, but I fear mailman
will strip it off ... Please don't flame me for posting to -users, I'm
just not sure who lives on -biz as the (signal/noise | net.kook |
troll) factor has been pretty bad on that list lately (poor Rehan!!) ;-)

Telephony Depot (www.telephonydepot.com) is always looking for
talented people who get excited about open telephony platforms such as
Asterisk (in its various forms), FreeSwitch, Yate etc, and who just
plain find telephony hardware strangely fascinating ;-) Despite the
media's recent report that VoIP is Dead* (are you kidding???) we now
know from Don Witt** that the economic downturn will actually benefit
VoIP (seriously Don, how did you make those magic graphs??). Looking
inward at our own sales numbers, it would seem to suggest that there
was a startling dip as the financial carnage was first breaking, but
that the inimitable can-do entrepreneurial spirit that goes with
emerging (occasionally disruptive) technologies is finally breaking
through the doom and gloom, and sales are once again back on track.
*phew*

To help us keep up with demand, we've decided to  add more sales,
support and programming depth to our bench and have immediate need for
a few people in our Philadelphia office. We're  looking primarily for:

- inside sales rep
- entry-level tech support engineer (must grok asterisk & company)
- web developer / programmer (ideally with solid javascript and/or XML/
SOAP experience)

We're a young & growing company (Inc. 500 two years running and one of
the top 10 private companies in Philadelphia in 2007)  and we're
definitely open to any other strategic hire that might help take us to
the next level of growth. If you think you have something  to
contribute to online merchandising of hardware around open telephony,
send your resume and a brief introduction to work at our-domain-name
(sorry email harvesters!). Telecommuting may be an option for some
positions, so if Philadelphia is a non-starter please don't  assume
this rules you out!

Remember, in the unlikely event you want to reply to this email on-
list, please follow-up to the -biz list only. Otherwise, please email
privately/directly off-list to the email address above (*hint* - this
is your first test).

Sincerely,

--
Darren Nickerson