[asterisk-biz] Alternative to QueueMetrics

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 10:35:40 CST 2009

On 1/16/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
> QueueMetrics is a great product and I highly recommend it.
>
>  The main problem with QueueMetrics from my point of view has nothing to
>  do with QueueMetrics whatsoever;  on the contrary, it solves the problem
>  it intended to solve very well.
>
>  It's just that at the point at which the kind of analysis and reporting
>  it provides becomes most useful, a single hostwise queue instance is
>  likely to be inadequate.  Queues need to exist on multiple hosts.  And
>  since Asterisk doesn't have distributed queues at this time, one has to
>  adopt other means of getting around that problem.  And those means don't
>  tend to be compatible with the existing queue infrastructure or allow
>  one to easily use QueueMetrics.

Hello,

I must point out here that VICIDIAL does do multi-server queueing and
it does generate QueueMetrics-compatible queue_log entries out of the
box. We have  worked closely with the developers of QueueMetrics(QM)
to ensure that all of the different types of calls and call handling
that VICIDIAL does will show up in QM properly. There are several
multi-server Asterisk/VICIDIAL installations up and running using QM
right now.

I know we have discussed the shortcomings of VICIDIAL here before, but
I just thought I should mention this.

Thanks,

MATT---