[asterisk-biz] Alternative to QueueMetrics

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jan 16 09:15:51 CST 2009

QueueMetrics is a great product and I highly recommend it.

The main problem with QueueMetrics from my point of view has nothing to
do with QueueMetrics whatsoever;  on the contrary, it solves the problem
it intended to solve very well.

It's just that at the point at which the kind of analysis and reporting
it provides becomes most useful, a single hostwise queue instance is
likely to be inadequate.  Queues need to exist on multiple hosts.  And
since Asterisk doesn't have distributed queues at this time, one has to
adopt other means of getting around that problem.  And those means don't
tend to be compatible with the existing queue infrastructure or allow
one to easily use QueueMetrics.