[asterisk-biz] Typical quotes for small business VOIP setup

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jan 13 18:35:08 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 18:54 -0500, Steve Totaro wrote:
> I find quoting in the middle is the way to go.

I was taught a long time ago that there is a range that the market will
bear for any product/service.  If its too cheap there is the perception
that the quality is impaired.  If its too expensive they do not see the
value.  For each product its different, and some of what makes two
otherwise identical products different is the marketing and sector they
are going into.

What was suggested to me at that time was roughly the 80% mark of that
range, affording the most profit but not singling yourself out to only a
niche customer base.  Sure you will lose some of the bottom end sales,
but you will generally be able to make up for it.

Now the economic state alters where that range is, as do competitors,
underlying technologies which get cheaper over time, and a few other
things.  Reevaluating where that range is, and possibly adjusting your
prices accordingly are required from time to time, but it should not be
something you are obsessing over unless you see sales fall off
dramatically, then you have to find out if its the product/service,
market saturation or the price anyway so ...  :)

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721