[asterisk-biz] Digium certified asterisk professional or CCIE VOIP

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Jan 8 18:07:53 CST 2009

The CCIEs that I knew didn't work, they got paid six figures to be on
the payroll so the company that employed them could get a 30% discount
on Cisco gear.  CSC went through a good deal of Cisco gear and this is
when a 5505 cost $50k decked out with a supervisor three card....

That was mid to late nineties.  When us lowly CCNAs needed them, we
would interrupt their joy ride in their F1 McLaren or on the links and
usually didn't know the answer since they were not up to speed.

CSC sent me to Texas to get my CCNA, so that was cool, I got paid to
get it but never bothered to renew it.