[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 19:52:58 CST 2009

--- On Wed, 1/7/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> 1. He is perfectly qualified for a fabulous range of UK IT
> jobs;  what
> on Earth could possibly motivate him to register and form a
> company to
> operate out of, or deal with the complexities of remanding
> taxes himself
> to UK authorities?  There is no incentive.  I'm
> offering to pay him
> decently by market standards, but not _that_ degree of
> recently.

Aren't you a company owner yourself? you must know an owner
has FAR more tax benefits than an employee. You could be
paying him exactly the same salary as another employer would,
but he will net out far more in real disposable income. Stuff
like home office, supplies, computers and parts, and even
a nice vacation to the US if he can justify it "going to visit
parent company". There are other benefits, but the point is
that it's not just a PITA - it has it's benefit.

Not to mention - instead of paying a company overhead to hire
him - pay HIM the overhead. Pay him 10% more than a UK employer
would and chances are he'll be happy to jump on the opportunity.

Operating a company in the UK cannot be that hard. Hell, the
UK itself can be used as a tax shelter with proper planning.
It might cost a little to setup and maintain, but we're talking
a few thousands a year at most. Probably much less than that.

> above all else I simply don't have time to deal with this crap.

Well, in that case... just hire a US employee instead. :)

I agree with you that it's a PITA, and "body shops" are plain
leeches - but it really isn't a big deal for him to open his
own company and just bill you as a vendor. Companies do it
all the time, and in this economy I think he'll be happy to
get a well-paying job even if it means a little more work
to setup.

-- Nitzan
http://www.future-nine.com/
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/