[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Patrick Davis pjdavispe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 19:38:08 CST 2009

Just hire him on a contract as a consultant. As long as you don't
define the time and place of work, provide tools to do the work, and
he isn't working on your site you shouldn't have any problem.

If you want have him write a one page proposal. There shoudn't be any
withholding taxes etc. He may need to look after changing you the VAT
or something like that, but that is his responsibility not yours.

If you aren't that sure about it, or for some other reason he want to
be treated like an employee, you can always go t an outsourcing (temp)
type agency. They will put the person on heir payroll, keep the
withholding taxes etc and they will pimp him out to you and keep a few
bucks per hour in exchange. This seems like overkill.

Patrick