[asterisk-biz] Portable conference system

Michael S. White mwhite at e4strategies.com
Wed Jan 7 12:05:02 CST 2009

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:22 PM Randulo Wrote:

>Hi,

>Does anyone make hardware to attach to a cellphone that would improve
>the audio in both directions enough so that it could serve as a
>speakerphone in a meeting? Second, for a 3g phone, is it feasible to
>sit such a phone at a table during a meeting for 30 minutes or more so
>that the person on the other side could see who was speaking (sort
>of)?

>Someone asked me to help as an ad hoc French-English interpreter. This
>is a very hard job and I'm not great at it but they were desperate. I
>could have helped out a friend if there were a system that allowed
>people to do this at a distance. As I mentioned on Twitter, this might
>even be an interesting business model, combined with asterisk and a
>simple dial plan for scheduling and calling people on such a mission.

>I was told that in the industry, you can't easily expect to connect to
>the Internet for say, Skype with a Macbook ) which would be a
>no-brainer - because of the paranoia of the sys people.

>Any ideas on any of this? Thoughts? Making a better audio speakerphone
>would already be of interest, video a plus.

>/r

I have been doing some testing with this device-

https://www.8774e4voip.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KONFTEL%2D300

Offers recording to an included SD card and has three connectivity methods..

Analog/Cell Phone/ USB VoIP with 7 kHz wideband.

Mike White
.e4
http://www.twitter.com/e4strategies
me@ http://www.twitter.com/e4VoIP