[asterisk-biz] ATA Bank for Asterisk, 400 phones

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Jan 6 21:13:31 CST 2009

> I think you should have a look at xorcom astribank you can have 32
> ports in one bank and all you need is USB on you asterisk server. All
> the drivers are inside the official zaptel/dhadi drivers so
> installation is pretty much out of the box.

He mentioned that he needed to have 400 phones. That makes for a lot of Astribanks, and I dare say probably more bandwidth than can reasonably be expected to push through a USB bus.

While the idea is good, if I were building the solution, I would be looking at a pair of the Sangoma 8 port T1 cards w/ external channel banks.