[asterisk-biz] Any products for this customer requirement?

voicein voicein at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 13:26:04 CST 2009

Any products to this customer requirement?

As we discussed yesterday we are trying to figure out how to get the
media transcoding off of freeswich.  The codecs we require support for
include:
   -- g711 (ulaw and alaw)
   -- g729 (a, ab)
   -- g.723

Whatever card we choose has to be PCI-x.  We can not support PCI cards
(no real servers have PCI slots anymore).  All of our infrastructure
is Sun X servers.

Essentially today we can not do any media transcoding (lack of codec
support ... host based transcoding is too burdensome on the processes).

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks!

Mark

Voice International