[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 02:18:09 CST 2009

--- On Mon, 1/5/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> I'd just drop the carrier if I were you.

That has crossed my mind more than once. ;) Their quality is
great though other than this problem so I go back and forth
on this one.

> 1. Do you have this problem with other carriers?   To the
> same degree?

Nope. This happens only with this carrier.

> 2. What happens when you do proxy the media and use that as
> your accounting basis;  does your billing reconcile with this
> carrier almost perfectly?

We proxy almost all media because most of our users are behind
NAT so it wouldn't make sense not to do so. OUR billing is near
perfect - I've only ever seen two users complain and in both
cases the problem was their CPE (didn't hang up the call).

> 3. Any correlation on the itemised portion/CDRs on the bill
> between particular numbers and/or destinations and eccentrically
> long calls?

Yes. We see calls that on our system last only a few minutes,
but on their system show up as two hours (their max call time).

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/