[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 01:25:12 CST 2009

On 1/5/09, Nitzan Kon <nk3569 at yahoo.com> wrote:.
> It all depends on who you use as your colo facility and what
>  pricing models they offer. There are facilities with FAR lower
>  bandwidth rates out there.

  Clearly there is a misunderstanding here.  This bandwidth is not a
blend from some colo (not that that's necessarily bad).  This is a
circuit to the Tier-1 - a Level(3) (or whomever) circuit ID and BGP
session to their router.

>  Example- we were just offered 5u and 20 mbps burst to 100mbit
>  for $200/month in a Hurricane Electric facility in CA. The
>  only caveat is you only get 2 amps with that so you really
>  can't put more than 2 machines there. Even then it's a nice
>  deal if you need that much bandwidth.

  Again, comparing an HE blend in CA and Level(3) circuit in Tampa is
not a valid comparison.

>  Other facilities in CA offered us different models which burn
>  down to between $25 to $43 per mbps for premium bandwidth. And
>  that's CA where colo is relatively expensive. You can get far
>  better deals on the east coast including places like Miami.
>  $100 per mbit I wouldn't even look at twice no matter how
>  great their sales people are. ;)

  "Premium bandwidth"?  I don't think Level(3), Global Crossing, etc
sell such a thing.  Actually, they would each argue that's all they
sell ;).

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org