[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 00:43:15 CST 2009

--- On Mon, 1/5/09, Kristian Kielhofner <kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com> wrote:

> How much does your bandwidth cost?  Around here (Tampa, FL
> - carrier neutral facility, no loop) we pay (on average) about
> $100/MB.  10MB minimums, multiple upstreams, other random fees
> and you are at thousands of dollars.

It all depends on who you use as your colo facility and what
pricing models they offer. There are facilities with FAR lower
bandwidth rates out there.

Example- we were just offered 5u and 20 mbps burst to 100mbit
for $200/month in a Hurricane Electric facility in CA. The
only caveat is you only get 2 amps with that so you really
can't put more than 2 machines there. Even then it's a nice
deal if you need that much bandwidth.

Other facilities in CA offered us different models which burn
down to between $25 to $43 per mbps for premium bandwidth. And
that's CA where colo is relatively expensive. You can get far
better deals on the east coast including places like Miami.
$100 per mbit I wouldn't even look at twice no matter how
great their sales people are. ;)

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/