[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 23:21:54 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:

> Ok then, lets look at this claim a bit.  I live in
> Amsterdam right now.
> Are your base metrics of any value to me if they are all
> tested from the
> US?

Actually, I have servers in the east coast, Amsterdam, and
soon the west coast - so if we were to use some sort of tool
to measure stuff like this we could just combine all of the
results to arrive at an average or something. (oversimplifying
this, but you get my drift)

Another option is to let the user decide which results they
want to see - i.e. quality results measured from east, west,
or Europe.

But I do agree with you that such tests may prove to be too
inaccurate to actually use or mean much. In the end a provider
can terminate calls via carrier A today with excellent quality,
but when you try them tomorrow they go through carrier B whose
quality sucks. There's too many variables that you cannot see.

Will check this out though...

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/