[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 22:46:44 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> The statistical loss expectancy of business impact from
> call length
> computation errors resulting from never getting SIP BYEs
> and whatnot
> seems far lower than the cost of dealing with media.

I disagree. I will not name names, but we have a specific
wholesale carrier we work with who on a regular basis bills
us for 2 hour runaway calls (probably because they didn't
get a BYE packet).

To say the least this is annoying, but over time I'm pretty
sure we've lost hundreds of dollars that way. To them it's
not a big deal because not only they're saving money on not
proxying the packets - they are actually profiting from this.
If the call gets cut off after 2 minutes they only need to
pay 2 minutes of termination - but we pay them for 2 hours.

This does not happen with any other carrier - as all other
carriers we work with proxy the calls. From a customer
satisfaction perspective at least until a solution to this
problem can be found proxying is most definitely the way
to go for carriers who are serious about their business.

IMHO, of course.

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/