[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jan 4 20:36:11 CST 2009

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

>   I know you (Alex) are a proponent of direct media handoff (as am I).

Are you suggesting I should not be?

Personally, I can't understand why anyone would ever shunt customer
media into their network except to work out intractable NAT issues.

Otherwise, I can't come up with a rationalisation to spend the money on
SBCs capable of doing that sort of thing at a high level of scalability
+ buying the premium bandwidth for it + paying for the CPU capacity /
indirect increased per-port costs on infrastructure.

My imagination strains to find a more pointless waste of time and money.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems