[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 18:27:18 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Sandeep Kanao <iitt2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe customer is always the winner. I suggest let users
> vote for the provider for 1. Quality 2. Support and 3. Rates.

The problem with this is:

1. Users are not objective. They typically have experience with
only 1-2 providers so voting "their" provider as the best will
just be a popularity contest rather than an accurate representation
of which provider really has the best quality.

2. It's pretty easy for a provider - especially a small one with
not much real votes - to post fake votes to tilt the vote in
their favor.

I do agree that user input/votes should be taken into consideration,
but it needs to be objectively measured so this doesn't turn into
a popularity contest. :)

> I have burnt  in the past. Several providers created 'the best'
> test routes, but once (pre) paid, no customer service was available
> and the routes were switched :-)

I hear ya. There are a LOT of crooks in this business unfortuantely.

> Comments for providers would be a great idea. If you need
> help in design, I can offer help from my resources.

Thanks for the offer. I might contact you offlist later on. :)

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/