[asterisk-biz] Plonking Tier 1 SIP Providers?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed Feb 18 16:46:56 CST 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Jacob Suter wrote:

> Is there *ever* a legitimate reason to do this?

  Sure.  Amex, Bank of America, many corporate entities with outgoing call
  centers have specific numbers they want you to call back on, and want you
  to enjoy the Toll Free-ness of it all.  Having the callerID show up as the
  8xx number you should call back is something people find convenient.

  We can argue all day that it's insecure and whatnot, but I think there are
  legit reasons to set a valid Toll Free number as CallerID.

  Of course, that makes billing more difficult.