[asterisk-biz] PBX got Hacked

RE Kushner List Account lists at darl.com
Sat Feb 7 18:25:28 CST 2009

Jai Rangi wrote:
> $2000 calls in one hours? The fraud user must be a professional hacker
> and should have some kind of VoIP system and 10s (if not hundreds) of
> friends calling at the same time.

It's not that hard, do you think every hacker is some boy in the
basement releasing his sexual frustrations by hacking your PBX and
squeezing pimples?

The modern day hackers are mobsters who can easily redirect their
calling card business out your PBX.

I'd suggest if you're not doing any international traffic to have your
carrier disable the ability to place international calls, and if you do
then have special limited circuits for international where they only
allow one of two simultaneous calls.

-Ron