[asterisk-biz] Slovak DDI?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Dec 30 11:13:31 CST 2009

I would still maintain, as I always have, that the essential failure
here on the part of posters that engenders contempt, disdain,
irreverence and disrespect is not of language but one of intelligence,
thought process, and respect.  I have seen far more cogent and
well-thought out posts from people whose English abilities are far below
"Info Info's."

Consider that the poster posted "data entry" correctly in one post, and
as "daa netry" in another.  Clearly, it is not that the limitations of
his English abilities tell him that "daa netry" is the correct spelling;
  he just did not bother to type carefully, proofread his post, and
ensure that the amalgamations of letters he's passing off as words - or
strings of words he passes for sentences - are at least a few steps
above gibberish.

The real problem is the inappropriate/irrelevant responses, lack of
consideration, and lack of the intellectual due diligence to even
realise that he could be making those sorts of mistakes.

Please, let's not make this another discussion about the importance or
non-importance of English-language competency.  Language has next to
NOTHING to do with this.  I've seen some perfectly addressable posts
here in incredibly broken English;  the difference is that it was
honestly broken, and did not prevent the reader from seeing evidence of
a sentient and well-meaning mind behind the veneer of the translation.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems