[asterisk-biz] FW: de-latinisation of the web - http://blog.collins.net.pr/2009/12/de-latinisation-of-web.html

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 16:05:51 CST 2009

So.. in other words... you totally missed the whole point of
his blog - re: there is REAL DANGER in allowing stuff like
Cyrillic characters that resemble English characters.

Nobody wants to block other language from the web - they just
want ICANN to find a solution to this huge gaping security
disaster waiting to happen. If you stopped for a second to
look beyond your hatred of the USA, you'd realize a few things:

1. Dean is Australian (duh!!).
2. English is common to many more countries other than USA.
3. It's a REALLY BAD IDEA to have characters that look the
same visually represent different values in domain names.
That's a real security threat to EVERY COMPANY OUT THERE.

It's not about English vs. Other languages - it's about
Hackers vs. Everyone else.

-- Nitzan
http://www.future-nine.com/
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/