[asterisk-biz] Protect Source Code based software

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Dec 4 11:59:47 CST 2009

Un-top-posting...

>> On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Mitul Limbani wrote:
>>
>>> Plus if you are intelligent enough you can plant some sort of logical
>>> bomb inside the software which shall start corrupting the data unless
>>> otherwise it has gone through your nose.

> On 04-Dec-2009, at 22:41, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> That logic bomb can turn into an ugly lawsuit if it blows up on a
>> legitimate client.

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Mitul Limbani wrote:

> Did I mention somewhere "unless otherwise it has gone through your nose"

I'm sorry. I have no clue what that means, but it does sound unpleasant :)

If it means something like "don't explode unless you ask me first" there
is still the possibility of the "confirmation code" malfunctioning. What
would happen if a disgruntled employee sent the "self-destruct"
confirmation to all your legitimate clients? Or if same employee logic
bombs your logic bomb as a way of funding his retirement package?

--
Thanks in advance,