[asterisk-biz] Zoiper Beta release with wideband SILK (skype) / SIREN (polycom, g722.1, g) / g722 / SPEEX / Broadvoice

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Fri Dec 4 03:01:41 CST 2009

Hello,

We recently licensed some of the newly available wideband codecs and
have released a wideband beta of our zoiper softphones.
Candidate beta testers, please fill in the form on the website and we
will get back to you by mail. Techies only please.

The beta supports the following wideband codecs:

- Speex Wideband (sampled at 16kHz, codec output is 28kbps)
- Speex Ultrawideband (sampled at 32kHz, codec output is 30kbps)
- G.722 (sampled at 16kHz, codec output is 64kbps)
- SILK Wideband (sampled at 16kHz, codec output is variable, up to 40kbps) - licensed from Skype (r)
- SILK Superwideband (sampled at 24kHz, codec output is variable, up to 40kbps) - licensed from Skype (r)
- BroadVoice32 (sampled at 16kHz, codec output 32kbps)
- G.722.1 - SIREN7 (sampled at 16kHz, configurable bit rates at 24kbps and 32kbps) - licensed from Polycom (r)
- G.722.1C - SIREN14 (sampled at 32kHz, configurable bit rates at 24, 32 and 48 kbps) - licensed from Polycom (r)

New narrow band codecs:

- SILK Narrowband (sampled at 8kHz, codec output is variable, up to 40kbps)
- SILK Mediumband (sampled at 12kHz, codec output is variable, up to 40kbps)
- BroadVoice16 (sampled at 8kHz, codec output is 16kbps)

Cheers,

Zoa