[asterisk-biz] Need USA virtual PRIs for www.VisionVoIP.com

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Mon Aug 31 04:35:51 CDT 2009

On 31/08/09 9:29 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> So Alex, in other words you are saying that IAX providers are "not
> good", i.e. "bad" providers. Is this a fact or just your personal
> opinion? Do you have any reference(s) to support it? My experience shows
> that IAX is a better choice, plus various IAX vs SIP comparison
> documents I have gone through over time show IAX a better option. Maybe
> you are referring to some protocol other than SIP, but didn't mention it.

What he means is that you're not likely to be able to buy IAX
termination off someone like verizon or global crossing or whatever.

There's currently no decent IAX load balancer, so you have to do it
other ways - for SIP there are a few choices.

We work around it by having lots of boxes and round robin DNS, but it's
pretty rare - most people just do SIP.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell