[asterisk-biz] Billing?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Aug 19 12:18:30 CDT 2009

Alistair Cunningham wrote:

> Frankly, interest in connecting TDM trunks to Enswitch declines each
> year, and almost all new customers are 100% SIP. Even older customers
> are gradually replacing TDM with SIP.

Also, I agree with this stance.  There's nothing wrong with a pure-SIP
service delivery platform;  Broadsoft is doing just fine.  :-)

Bringing the calls into Enswitch over a hard circuit depends on TDM
support that - for all the evolution of the technology over the last few
years - is still sometimes flaky, and limits the scalability, dynamic
organisation and high availability of the platform.  Specifically, it
ties call acceptance (and perhaps processing) to a particular host into
which the circuit is plugged.

It is much wiser to use outside TDM->SIP gateways.  They are more
robust, have lower mean time between failure, interoperate better, and
allow the platform the fluidity of existing in a pure IP space.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems